The Senator representing Zamfara central, Kabir Marafa, has claimed that the irregularities at the All Progressives Congress (APC) congresses, were targeted at President Muhammadu Buhari.
Most of APC ward, local government and states congresses were marred by irregularities and violence.
In an interview with PUNCH, the senator said the party leadership set some rules, but was first to break the rules.
Promote Your Music Now @ Just 2000, Contact or Chat Admin On +2349030293089 At Whatsapp
“After looking at the whole congresses, the way it started, what the party did and everything, to me, there is a massive conspiracy against the party and against the leader of the party – I mean the president of the country.
“A party is organising a congress, if you look at the first scenario, some people just came up with the idea of one-year tenure extension for members of the national working committee.
“The president was advised that the extension was illegal and that it would portend a serious problem to the success of the party. The president stood his ground and said we should go for elective congresses or consensus where possible.
“The party came up with guidelines on how these congresses should be conducted, but the same party that produced these guidelines was the first to break the rules. In one of the clauses in the guidelines, they said forms should be filled and returned within 24 hours, but the NWC did not even meet with the congress committees until Thursday evening. The committees started going to their stations (states) on Friday.
“The whole thing was like a kind of sabotage, so that this thing will become rancorous and there will be parallel congresses but a set of executive will be established for each state. The whole thing comes to just one thing – sabotage,” Marafa stated.
var VUUKLE_EMOTE_SIZE = “”;
VUUKLE_EMOTE_IFRAME = “”
var EMOTE_TEXT = [“HAPPY”,”INDIFFERENT”,”AMUSED”,”EXCITED”,”ANGRY”,”SAD”]
The post APC Parallel Congresses Targeted At Buhari – Senator Marafa appeared first on GENERALBAZE.WEBSITE.
78 total views, 1 views today
Generalbaze Video Of The Week
Title :-DMW – Mind Ft. Davido, Peruzzi, Dremo & Mayorkun
Wish to advertise
or promote music/video here,call/sms us via 09030293089
or mail us via email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
What Others Are Reading Now
- You Cannot Overthrow Party Leadership – Kwara APC Tells Oshiomole
- Top APC Senator Tells Oyegun to Quietly Resign as APC National Chairman
- I Can’t Work With Saraki – Kwara State PDP Chairman
- The Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC) says the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has perfected plans to remove Bukola Saraki as senate president. Shortly after Saraki defected from APC to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), some lawmakers raised the alarm over an alleged plan to remove the senate president “through the back door”. Lai Mohammed, minister of information, had dismissed the plot to remove Saraki as an allegation without proof, But Kassim Afegbua, R-APC’s spokesman, said the APC leadership is conspiring with Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation and Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation, on the issue. “We can bring you news that the disputed leadership of the APC, working in cahoot with the Attorney General and Minister of Justice coupled with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation have perfected their plans to apply gestapo methods to forcefully unseat the Senate President,” read a statement signed by Afegbua on Sunday. “A high-powered meeting of these persons was held at the Maitama residence of the disputed chairman of the APC on Thursday, 2nd August, 2018 where they brainstormed on the possible ways to carry out their illegality. The meeting which lasted for three hours, insider source confirmed to us at the R-APC, explored both legal and illegal approach to execute the assignment of ensuring that Dr. Bukola Saraki ceases to be the senate president. “Having met a brickwall going by the legal processes involved before the senate can be re-opened, the disputed APC leadership is toiling with the barbaric idea of forcefully opening the national assembly, reconvene the senate and use the senators of the APC to preside over the planned impeachment. Senator Abdullahi Adamu has been penciled down to succeed distinguished senator Bukola Saraki, amidst a host of other changes in the senate’s principal officers. Once the senate leadership is overthrown in a coup d’etat manner, the senate will immediately consider the virement budget of the INEC and also approves the pending nominations in the senate. Part of the plot was to reach out to some PDP senators especially those who have EFCC queries in order to give them a clean bill of health once they defect to the APC. They also agreed to woo some senators with the sum of fifty million naira each (N50m). “We find all these plots as burdensome for a system that was already undergoing storm and stress, thus making us object of ridicule in the eyes of the world. It is benumbing to note that those who usually occupy the front seats when democracy is being discussed, are the architects of these orchestrated plots peculiar with military regimes. Even when we understand that they could be carry-over effects of military regime, we never knew they have assumed this frightening dimension.” The APC faction said President Muhammadu Buhari’s vacation to London is part of the calculated scheme to kick out Saraki. “It is not an accident of history that each time the president travels for medical attention, something dramatic often takes place. And this present trip, we believe, will unfurl already plotted schemes aimed at removing senate president, Benue state governor, and other perceived persons opposed to the re-election of Mr. President,” Afegbua added.
- NASS To Reconvene Next Week To Approve INEC Budget
- 2019: There Is Plot To ‘Technically Knockout’ Buhari – Senator Marafa
- “These Plotting Saraki’s Fall Are Enemies Of Democracy” – Governor Ortom
- Replicate Seamless Political Transition In Lagos Nationwide, Ekwunife Tells APC
- Four Things Senator Akpabio’s Defection Means For APC
- “Why People Are Leaving APC” – Oshiomhole Reveals
- APC Will Take Over Ondo – National Chairman, Oyegun Boasts
- nPDP members’ marginalisation claim false –Ganduje