Outgoing American president Barack Obama has visited Kenya four times. That’s in 1997,1992, 2006 and 2015.
Now that he’s completing his term, we hope that he will show up again soon. Meanwhile here are some cool photos from his past visits. Well, some photos might not be so clear due to less advancements in photography in the specific era of their capture.
1. Left to right, Barack, his Grandmother Sarah, Auma Obama (Barack’s stepsister) and Kezia Obama (Barack’s stepmother) in 1987.
2. Obama in Nairobi, Kenya. Pictured left to right, unknown person (rear left), Aunt Jane, a cousin (unknown name), brother Abo (also known as Samson), Barack and brother Ben.
3. A young Barack Obama seen in this undated photo helping his grandmother with a large sack of maize as they walk back to her home in the village of Kogelo, Kenya.
Image: How Africa
4. Barack Obama on his first visit to Kenya in 1987. In this Obama family photo are:
(bottom row, from left) half-sister Auma, her mother Kezia Obama, Obama’s step-grandmother Sarah Hussein Onyango Obama and unknown; (top row, from left) unknown, Barack Obama, half-brother Abongo (Roy) Obama, an unknown woman, brother Abo, and another unknown.
5. Obama and Michelle in Kenya in 1992.
Image: Time Magazine
6. Then-U.S. Senator Barrack Obama holds his grandmother Sarah Hussein Obama as they walk alongside family members (including a young Malia) in Nyangoma village in 2006.
7. Obama waves to supporters in Nairobi in 2006 during a visit to the memorial to the 248 people killed in the 1998 bombing of the U.S. Embassy in the city.
462 total views, 1 views today
Generalbaze Video Of The Week