Guardian columnist, Reuben Abati has purportedly
made a U-turn about refunding a sum of N5 million to the EFCC.
former presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati, has told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he does not have any money to refund to the government, sources within the agency said.
The sources told Premium Times that Mr. Abati told interrogators that he had no immediate means of sourcing the amount for which he is being detained.
Promote Your Music Now @ Just 2000, Contact or Chat Admin On +2349030293089 At Whatsapp
The EFCC accuses Mr. Abati of receiving N50 million from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki. The money was part of $2.1 billion allocated for purchase of arms for the fight against Boko Haram, the EFCC says.
The latest development came days after Mr. Abati reportedly promised to refund N5 million.
The former presidential spokesperson has been in EFCC detention since turning himself in last week Monday. Apart from being unable to refund the money, Mr. Abati also allegedly told investigators that he could not provide documentary evidence showing how he spent the N50 million.
Mr. Abati reportedly said he disbursed the money as cash and material gifts
to journalists during the 2015 campaign
. Asked to name names of media practitioners who benefited from the largess, Mr. Abati said he did not keep such records.
The post Drama as Ex-Jonathan’s Aide, Reuben Abati Refuses to Return a ‘Dime’ to EFCC appeared first on GL Trends.
250 total views, 1 views today
Generalbaze Video Of The Week
Title :-DMW – Mind Ft. Davido, Peruzzi, Dremo & Mayorkun
Wish to advertise
or promote music/video here,call/sms us via 09030293089
or mail us via email:- email@example.com
What Others Are Reading Now
- 5 Days After, Ex-presidential Aide, Reuben Abati, is Still in EFCC Custody…See New Details
- Former Presidential Spokesman, Reuben Abati, Arrested By EFCC
- EFCC Grants Former Presidential Aide, Reuben Abati Bail…..See Conditions
- Photo of Fani Kayode, Reuben Abati and Obanikoro ‘Enjoying’ in EFCC Cell Surfaces
- Nigeria-US Relations And Donald Trump – By Reuben Abati
- Drama as Goodluck Jonathan’s Security Aide Publicly Assaults Punch Reporter in Front of Him (Photos)
- Finally, EFCC Releases Reuben Abati…See Details
- Political Drama as EFCC Boss, Magu is Blocked from Meeting Buhari
- Femi Fani-Kayode’s Life is in Danger – Aide Raises Alarm After His Re-arrest by EFCC
- Popular Man of God Visits Obanikoro, Abati, Fani-Kayode in EFCC Custody, Prays for Them
- BREAKING News: Drama as Magu’s Confirmation Causes Serious Row in the Senate
- Ekweremadu Storms EFCC for Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode