The Federal Government, at the weekend, said Senate President Bukola Saraki has since his emergence as leader of the upper legislative chamber persistently frustrated the developmental efforts of the Muhammadu Buhari administration through deliberate delay of annual budgets.
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who revealed this in an interview with journalists at the weekend in Lagos, dismissed the claim by the Senate President that he was not considered by the President in appointments.
He also described as untrue, the claim by Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambuwal, while announcing his defection from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that his state was starved of Federal Government projects by the Buhari administration.
Promote Your Music Now @ Just 2000, Contact or Chat Admin On +2349030293089 At Whatsapp
His words: “We have a National Assembly in which we had a clear majority in both houses, but which treated the executive with contempt and which actually slowed down the work of government.
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, our budgets were delayed. We can understand 2015 budget because we came on board in the middle of the year. But in 2016 and 2017, the earliest we got our budgets was June.
“Key appointments, nominations and confirmations for key organisations that could move the government forward like the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), were delayed.
Really, it couldn’t have been worse if the PDP had a majority in the National Assembly.” On Saraki’s claim on appointments, the minister said: “I think it is a blatant lie that Kwara State was not considered in appointments.
There are 26 appointees to boards, parastatals, either as members or directors- general to Kwara State and of these 26, I recommended only two. The other 24 were done by Saraki.
“In terms of development, the Ilorin-Jebba- Mokwa-Birnin Gwari road is 80 per cent completed. On the other hand, it is this same government that awarded the contract for Lokoja-Omu Aran-Ilorin road.
In terms of housing, we are building many two bedroom houses in Ilorin. Again, in terms of appointment, one of the chairmen of parastatals is the out-gone chairman of APC in Kwara State, Ishola Balogun-Fulani. So, Saraki’s claim is a blatant lie.”
The post ‘How Saraki Frustrated Buhari’s Administration’ – By FG appeared first on GENERALBAZE.WEBSITE.
14 total views, 1 views today
Generalbaze Music Of The Week
Title :-Kiss Daniel - 4 Dayz
Generalbaze Video Of The Week
Title :-DMW – Mind Ft. Davido, Peruzzi, Dremo & Mayorkun
Wish to advertise
or promote music/video here,call/sms us via 09030293089
or mail us via email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
What Others Are Reading Now
- You Cannot Overthrow Party Leadership – Kwara APC Tells Oshiomole
- The Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC) says the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has perfected plans to remove Bukola Saraki as senate president. Shortly after Saraki defected from APC to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), some lawmakers raised the alarm over an alleged plan to remove the senate president “through the back door”. Lai Mohammed, minister of information, had dismissed the plot to remove Saraki as an allegation without proof, But Kassim Afegbua, R-APC’s spokesman, said the APC leadership is conspiring with Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation and Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation, on the issue. “We can bring you news that the disputed leadership of the APC, working in cahoot with the Attorney General and Minister of Justice coupled with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation have perfected their plans to apply gestapo methods to forcefully unseat the Senate President,” read a statement signed by Afegbua on Sunday. “A high-powered meeting of these persons was held at the Maitama residence of the disputed chairman of the APC on Thursday, 2nd August, 2018 where they brainstormed on the possible ways to carry out their illegality. The meeting which lasted for three hours, insider source confirmed to us at the R-APC, explored both legal and illegal approach to execute the assignment of ensuring that Dr. Bukola Saraki ceases to be the senate president. “Having met a brickwall going by the legal processes involved before the senate can be re-opened, the disputed APC leadership is toiling with the barbaric idea of forcefully opening the national assembly, reconvene the senate and use the senators of the APC to preside over the planned impeachment. Senator Abdullahi Adamu has been penciled down to succeed distinguished senator Bukola Saraki, amidst a host of other changes in the senate’s principal officers. Once the senate leadership is overthrown in a coup d’etat manner, the senate will immediately consider the virement budget of the INEC and also approves the pending nominations in the senate. Part of the plot was to reach out to some PDP senators especially those who have EFCC queries in order to give them a clean bill of health once they defect to the APC. They also agreed to woo some senators with the sum of fifty million naira each (N50m). “We find all these plots as burdensome for a system that was already undergoing storm and stress, thus making us object of ridicule in the eyes of the world. It is benumbing to note that those who usually occupy the front seats when democracy is being discussed, are the architects of these orchestrated plots peculiar with military regimes. Even when we understand that they could be carry-over effects of military regime, we never knew they have assumed this frightening dimension.” The APC faction said President Muhammadu Buhari’s vacation to London is part of the calculated scheme to kick out Saraki. “It is not an accident of history that each time the president travels for medical attention, something dramatic often takes place. And this present trip, we believe, will unfurl already plotted schemes aimed at removing senate president, Benue state governor, and other perceived persons opposed to the re-election of Mr. President,” Afegbua added.
- Oshiomhole, Malami, SGF Plotting To Unseat Saraki Using Gestapo Methods
- Defections: Lai Mohammed Visits Kwara, Holds Meeting With Lawmakers (Pics)
- APC Parallel Congresses Targeted At Buhari – Senator Marafa
- “What Will Happen If APC Tries To Impeach Saraki” – Tambuwal
- Senator Danbaba Names 10 Northern States PDP Will Win In 2019. See Full List
- “Why People Are Leaving APC” – Oshiomhole Reveals
- Buhari Will Destroy Nigeria If We Don’t Drive Him Away – Fayose Says
- 2019: Senator Nyako Urges Adamawa People Not To Waste Votes On APC
- PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment
- National Assembly notorious for bribery –Jega