The chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara state, Akogun Iyiola Oyedepo, said on Thursday, July 26, that he cannot work with the All Progressives Congress (APC) defectors led by Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
The Nation reports that he said other members of the party executive committee in Kwara cannot work with the defectors too.
Saraki and the state Governor, AbdulFattah Ahmed, are expected to announce their own defection soon.
Promote Your Music On Scofybaze.com Now @ Just 2000, Contact or Chat Admin On +2349030293089 At Whatsapp
Oyedepo, who spoke on the development during a radio programme in Ilorin, said the national leadership of the PDP has set up a committee to interface between his group and the defectors.
He said the first meeting is slated for next week.
The PDP chairman, who said he had just returned from a meeting with PDP leaders in Abuja, blamed the party’s national leadership for being allegedly insensitive to the political configuration in Kwara state and allowed themselves to be swayed by funding capacity of the defectors.
According to him, the option before the leaders is to choose between his group and the one led by Saraki.
He said: “We have not been opportune to sit down with the Senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki and the state governor, Alhaji AbdulFattah Ahmed, even though I’m hearing several rumours that I have met with them and that they have offered me juicy positions. “These are all lies, the Senate president despite his humongous wealth, does not have what it takes to buy me. He cannot ever buy me because he cannot buy my integrity. If my bank account is not fat, my integrity account is very fat.
“So they have not met with us but our national body said they have set up a committee to meet with the two sides next week and when that meeting comes up we are going to tell the national leaders that we cannot accept the formula they have put down which is 60:40, 60 percent for a state defecting with the governor and 40 percent for the existing PDP members. “And if they said what of 50:50, or 40:60 or 30:70 or even 10:90, we shall not accept;
we cannot accept any offer. Anything less than our not working together we cannot accept. “So we will tell our national body to choose between us and them and I know that they will not choose us because we don’t have money but we are not worried. We will only know that an end has come to our journey and our relationship (in the PDP).
“If we agree to work with them (Saraki) just imagine myself and (Governor AbdulFatah Ahmed) Maigida standing on the same rostrum pledging to do things for the people. It will be a shame; many people will look at me and wonder what has happened. “So it is better not to be in politics again. Instead of a dog being the treasurer for the lion it is better for both to part ways and go on their separate hunting game.
“The blame is not from the Saraki camp, the blame is from our national leaders in the PDP. Leadership in Nigeria is the conspiracy of the elite to punish the downtrodden.
“When they gave us the party, we inherited nothing and so whatever you see in the PDP today is the product of our efforts. For this alone we should not be interested in defecting from our own house but it is better we do so now and look forward to better future for our dear state.”
The post I Can’t Work With Saraki – Kwara State PDP Chairman appeared first on GENERALBAZE.WEBSITE.
128 total views, 1 views today
Wish to advertise or promote music/video here,call/sms us via 09030293089 or mail us via email:- email@example.com
What Others Are Reading Now
- Four Things Senator Akpabio’s Defection Means For APC
- NASS To Reconvene Next Week To Approve INEC Budget
- Obasanjo Gives Condition to Support New Mega Party
- Why Igbos Are Now Decamping to APC – Official
- Oshiomhole, Malami, SGF Plotting To Unseat Saraki Using Gestapo Methods
- The Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC) says the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has perfected plans to remove Bukola Saraki as senate president. Shortly after Saraki defected from APC to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), some lawmakers raised the alarm over an alleged plan to remove the senate president “through the back door”. Lai Mohammed, minister of information, had dismissed the plot to remove Saraki as an allegation without proof, But Kassim Afegbua, R-APC’s spokesman, said the APC leadership is conspiring with Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation and Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation, on the issue. “We can bring you news that the disputed leadership of the APC, working in cahoot with the Attorney General and Minister of Justice coupled with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation have perfected their plans to apply gestapo methods to forcefully unseat the Senate President,” read a statement signed by Afegbua on Sunday. “A high-powered meeting of these persons was held at the Maitama residence of the disputed chairman of the APC on Thursday, 2nd August, 2018 where they brainstormed on the possible ways to carry out their illegality. The meeting which lasted for three hours, insider source confirmed to us at the R-APC, explored both legal and illegal approach to execute the assignment of ensuring that Dr. Bukola Saraki ceases to be the senate president. “Having met a brickwall going by the legal processes involved before the senate can be re-opened, the disputed APC leadership is toiling with the barbaric idea of forcefully opening the national assembly, reconvene the senate and use the senators of the APC to preside over the planned impeachment. Senator Abdullahi Adamu has been penciled down to succeed distinguished senator Bukola Saraki, amidst a host of other changes in the senate’s principal officers. Once the senate leadership is overthrown in a coup d’etat manner, the senate will immediately consider the virement budget of the INEC and also approves the pending nominations in the senate. Part of the plot was to reach out to some PDP senators especially those who have EFCC queries in order to give them a clean bill of health once they defect to the APC. They also agreed to woo some senators with the sum of fifty million naira each (N50m). “We find all these plots as burdensome for a system that was already undergoing storm and stress, thus making us object of ridicule in the eyes of the world. It is benumbing to note that those who usually occupy the front seats when democracy is being discussed, are the architects of these orchestrated plots peculiar with military regimes. Even when we understand that they could be carry-over effects of military regime, we never knew they have assumed this frightening dimension.” The APC faction said President Muhammadu Buhari’s vacation to London is part of the calculated scheme to kick out Saraki. “It is not an accident of history that each time the president travels for medical attention, something dramatic often takes place. And this present trip, we believe, will unfurl already plotted schemes aimed at removing senate president, Benue state governor, and other perceived persons opposed to the re-election of Mr. President,” Afegbua added.
- APC Parallel Congresses Targeted At Buhari – Senator Marafa
- APC To Witness Another Round Of Defection; Meetings To Hold Abroad
- PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment
- Akpabio’s Loyalists In Akwa Ibom Reject Him And His Move To The APC
- Myself, Bukola Saraki & Other Kwara Leaders Are Not Planning To Return To PDP- Gov Ahmed
- El-Rufai lists conditions for forgiving Shehu Sani