Professor Yemi Osinbajo has dropped hints about the powerful hand that nominated him as President Buhari’s running-mate in 2015.
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo
In a development that may put to rest the seeming controversy over who nominated Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo as President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate during the electioneering campaign
, the number two citizen on Friday, said he was nominated by a National Leader of All Progressives Congress, APC.
Though Osinbajo did not mention
the name of the leader, his descriptions of the person, who he said had served
as a state governor, confirmed that he was referring to a former governor of Lagos State and the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu according
to the Vanguard.
The Vice President, who spoke at a State of the Nation Address convened by Coalition of Nigerian Apostolic Leaders in Lagos, said: “An APC National Leader who had served when he was governor was interested in putting me forward as the running mate of President Muhammadu Buhari in consensus with other national leaders of the party.
Promote Your Music Now @ Just 2000, Contact or Chat Admin On +2349030293089 At Whatsapp
“I was a product of this system (Coalition Leaders). The church was reluctant and I understood why the church was reluctant. The church was looking at the head of the ticket (President). This is our first opportunity. This is our first shot at it. We need to maximize it and do the best we can. I think what my nomination and appointment have done is that it has open the door for us. We can do it and we can be influential in doing it.”
However, speaking on the biting recession, Osinbajo said: “Our projected oil revenue is 2.2 million barrels a day. Because of oil vandals in the Niger Delta, we are losing close to 1 million barrels a day. That is about 60 percent drop in the revenue. If you are losing 1 million from your 2.2 million barrels every day, there will be a shock to the economy. The economy will suffer a major shock. That is the problem with the economy.
The post Osinbajo Finally Drops Hint about Who Nominated Him as Vice President appeared first on GL Trends.
309 total views, 2 views today
Generalbaze Video Of The Week
Title :-DMW – Mind Ft. Davido, Peruzzi, Dremo & Mayorkun
Wish to advertise or promote music/video here,call/sms us via 09030293089 or mail us via email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
What Others Are Reading Now
- How ‘Someone Somewhere’ Recommended Me to be Vice President – Yemi Osinbajo Breaks Silence
- Finally, APC Accepts Responsibility for Nigeria’s Economic Recession, Promises Solution…See New Details
- Daughter of APC Chieftain Nominated for 2017 Grammy Award, Here are 7 Things to Know About Her (Photos)
- Ondo Election: Why Buhari, Osinbajo and Tinubu Were Absent at Akeredolu’s Rally
- Ondo Election: Buhari Finally Speaks Up on Alleged Feud with Tinubu
- Presidency Finally Answer Questions Over Rift with Bola Tinubu and How National Assembly Padded Budget (Watch Video)
- Power Generation in Nigeria Drops to 3,050MW
- VP Osinbajo Visits Ekiti, Pictured With Fayose (Photos)
- Oshiomhole, Dangote, Obaseki And Others Welcome Osinbajo At Benin Airport (Photos)
- Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage of Gas
- VP Osinbajo Welcomed Warmly As He Arrives Algeria On A 2-day Visit (Photos)
- Iheanacho, Iwobi, Oshoala, Others Nominated For CAF Awards